New Richmond is bringing back a holiday tradition. The Holiday Home Decorating Contest.
New Richmond is bringing back a holiday tradition, The Holiday Home Decorating Contest. It will occur this season on the following dates:
· Entry Application Period11/14/16 through 11/27/16
· Judging Period: 12/2/2016 through 12/03/16
· Winners Announced 12/10/16
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of the Village of New Richmond.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
3. Return completed applications either by mail, e-mail, or hand deliver. See the application for details on locations and dates.
4. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will occur from outside the residence only.
5. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only the decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
6. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Village Website and/or collateral published to promote the Village of New Richmond and holiday events. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
7. Judging criteria will include [a] unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; [b] Storyline or theme; [c] Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and [d] Overall presentation.
8. Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on both Friday December 2nd and Saturday December 3rd. All judging will be completed no later than 8:00 p.m. on 12/03/16.
9. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
10. An Entry Number Card will be provided to each participant. This card must be affixed to the exterior of the residence in a conspicuous place where it can be seen by the judges from the street.
11. Three prizes will be awarded: 1st place prize of a Visa gift card valued at $50; 2nd place prize of a Visa gift card valued at $35; 3rd place prize of a Visa gift card valued at $25.
12. Winners will be announced following the parade on Saturday, 12/10/16 at Hausermann Park located on Front Street. Winners need not be present to win and if not present will be notified by telephone.
13. Be creative, be festive, have fun!
Please complete and return this page only
Return completed applications by mail, e-mail, or hand deliver to the following locations:
· Mail To: NROBA, P.O. Box 324, New Richmond OH, 45157
· E-mail to: email@example.com
· Hand deliver to: River Village Shoppe, 411 Walnut Street, New Richmond, OH 45157
Completed applications must be received no later than 4pm on Sunday, November 27th, 2016. If mailing entries please make sure to post them several days prior so that they will be in the mailbox by close of postal business on Saturday, November 26th, 2016.
Nearest Cross Street:
Day Time Phone Number:
Evening Phone Number:
Email Address :
Indicate what is the best way to contact:
⃝ Day Time Phone
⃝ Evening Phone
Brief Description of Decorations and/or theme